The management of Marwako Fast Food Limited says it has settled the medical bills of some of its customers who suffered from food poisoning after eating from one of its branches.
This was disclosed by the Public Relations Officer of the restaurant, Amin Lamptey.
In an interview with the media after the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) closed down the East Legon and Abelenkpe branches on Thursday, Mr. Lamptey apologised to the victims and the general public.
He assured that the Management will continue to ensure affected customers are treated of their ailments.
“We visited some of our customers at the hospital and those who were discharged, we visited them at home. We assisted some of them with their hospital bills.
“The main thing started on Saturday and Sunday evening. We have accepted everything, and we have apologised to the victims.”
Marwako, a fast-food eatery in Accra, has been trending on Twitter after several Twitter users complained of having been served with contaminated food resulting in food poisoning.
The complaints were triggered by one Edward Elohim, who posted about his illness after eating at Marwako last Saturday.
Subsequently, the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) closed down the East Legon and Abelenkpe branches of the restaurant.
“The FDA has taken notice of complaints from the public about the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant.
“We have closed down the restaurant and, together with other relevant agencies, started investigations”, the tweet said.