Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has urged Saudi Arabia to release images proving that a missing reporter left its consulate in Istanbul.
Mr Erdogan questioned whether it was “possible for there to be no camera systems” running at the building, the Turkish daily Hurriyet reports.
Saudi national Jamal Khashoggi was last seen entering the consulate last week.
Turkish officials claim that Mr Khashoggi was murdered within its walls. Saudi Arabia denies this.
“We are investigating all aspects of the event,” Mr Erdogan said on Thursday, adding: “This is an incident which took place in our country; it is not possible for us to remain silent.”
“If a bird flew, or a fly or a mosquito appeared, the systems would capture this; they [Saudi Arabia] have the most cutting-edge systems,” Hurriyet quoted him as saying.
Mr Erdogan has previously challenged Saudi Arabia to provide proof of its version of events – that Mr Khashoggi, a prominent critic of the Saudi monarchy, had left the consulate “after a few minutes or one hour”.
The Turkish president’s latest comments come just hours after US President Donald Trump vowed to “get to the bottom” of Mr Khashoggi’s case.
“We cannot let this happen to reporters, to anybody,” Mr Trump said on Wednesday, adding: “We’re demanding everything. We want to see what’s going on there.”
Both Turkey and Saudi Arabia are allies of the United States.