Both President John Dramani Mahama and the President-elect, Nana Akufo-Addo, have released the names of members of their transition teams to ensure a smooth handing over process for last Wednesday’s presidential election.
While, Chief of Staff, Julius Debrah, heads the Mahama transition team, Yaw Osafo-Maafo, heads that of Mr. Akufo-Addo.
The process is in furtherance of provisions of the Presidential Transition Act of 2012 (Act 845).
This is the first time, the Presidential Transition Act, will be tested, and it is hoped that the usual acrimony the process evokes, will not arise as the procedure for the first time in the country’s history, will be regulated.
Minister for Communications, Dr. Edward K. Omane Boamah’s statement listed the following, as members of the Transition Team:
1. Julius Debrah- Chief of Staff
2. Marietta Brew Appiah Opong- Attorney General & Minister for Justice
3. Seth E. Terkper- Minister for Finance
4. Prosper Bani- Minister for the Interior
5. Dr. Benjamin Kunbour- Minister for Defence
6. Hanna S. Tetteh- Minister for Foreign Affairs & Regional Integration
7. Alhaji Collins Dauda- Minister for Local Government & Rural Development
Representing the President-elect, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo are:
1. Yaw Osafo Maafo- Representative of the President-elect
2. Frema Osei Opare- Head of the Staff of Office of the President-elect
3. Gloria Akuffo- Member responsible for Legal Affairs
4. Ken Ofori- Atta- Member responsible for Finance
5. Ambrose Dery- Member responsible for the Interior
6. Dominic Nitiwul- Member responsible for Defence
7. Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey- Member responsible for Foreign Affairs
8. Hajia Alima Mahama- Member responsible for Local Government
9. Albert Kan Dapaah- Member responsible for National Security
In accordance with the provisions of the Presidential Transition Act 2012 (Act 845), the following are statutory members of the Transition Team:
1. Head of the Civil Service
2. Head of the Local Government Service
3. Secretary to the Cabinet
4. National Security Coordinator
The Transition Team, will be co-chaired by President John Dramani Mahama and Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, the President-elect.