Portuphy Boys Set To Lose Ketu South NDC Constituency Election

portuphy.jpg

Information reaching The Herald, from the Ketu-South Constituency of the Volta Region, indicates that many of non-performing incumbent Constituency Executives, who are loyalists of Mr. Kofi Portuphy and seeking re-election, would be booted out of office in today’s crucial election.

According to The Herald’s information, a petition filed by two chairmen, Mr. Issah Mamudu and William Mensah, against leading contenders in the race, who are perceived to be supporters of Dan Abodakpi and for that reason should be disqualified by the vetting Committee, has been thrown out.

The two chairmen, Mamudu and Mensah, were said to have presented the petition to the Regional vetting committee out of frustration over their looming defeat, alleging that the leading aspiring Chairman, Mr. Agbezudor Matthew, popularly called Zingaro, a known financier of the party in the Constituency, has once resigned from the NDC and joined the NPP, for which reason he should be disqualified.

However, in a quick response from the vetting team leader, Mr. Akrobortu, to put the issue to rest, indicated that the frustrated petitioners, have failed to substantiate their claims with documents, therefore, did not pay any attention to the petition.

The Herald’s sources, have hinted that, the two petitioners, Mr. Mamudu and Mensah are employees of the National Disaster and Management Organization (NADMO) and were being used by the NADMO Coordinator, who is also contesting the National Chairmanship position.

These loyalists of the NADMO boss, were said to be distributing and sharing lots of relief items to the delegates as a ploy to influence
them. Mr. Portuphy is also one of the Vice-Chairmen of the NDC and had been the Director of Elections for the party, he is said to be getting unpopular and losing ground.

Also, in a three paged response from Mr. Agbezudor, he denied ever joining the NPP, let alone wear their regalia and advised the petitioners to push their energy into solving the numerous problems confronting the party in the Municipality.

Interestingly, drama unfolded last Thursday August 21, when two witnesses to the petitioners on a political talk show on a local radio station, Victory 96.1 Fm in Aflao, flatly denied having any knowledge about the petitioners claims or met them before.

The two witnesses, Mr. Emmanuel Agbemasu and Elias Agbanu, former Zonal Chairman and secretary respectively from Some Wego, who unequivocally condemned the petitioners for dragging their name into disrepute, urged them to foster unity for 2016 victory, rather than working for their own parochial interest.

But NPP activist by name Petit, who was also on the programme and a classmate of one of the petitioners, Mr. Mensah, dared the Assembly member to read the petition on air, if he truly wrote the petition, but failed to do so.

Instead, Mr. Mensah, ignored the challenge and went after the NPP activist,calling him names and referring to him as someone meddling in NDC affairs. Mr. Petit, who was not perturbed by the attacks on him, advised Mr. Mensah to stop being used as conduit to advance the interest of others.

Mr. Agbezudor is an accomplished businessman and owner of several fuel pumps across the municipality and has promised to empower the Youth and Women wing of the party, by sending them to outreach programmes and seminars.

He also promised to build new office for the party at the District capital, Tokor, build new Zonal offices in the Constituency, unite the party by withdrawing the court case filed in Ho Court against the former Volta Regional Minister, Afotey Agbo and the MCE, Pascal Lamptey, by some disgruntled executives for revoking their appointment at the Assembly sometime ago.

Share News

submit to reddit