National Service Postings & Registration Smooth So Far

IMG_5897.jpg

…Over 71,000 Personnel Deplored For First Batch

By Alfred K. Dogbey

The National Service Secretariat (NSS), has disclosed that the ongoing postings and registration process of service personnel for this year, has been smooth so far, without any major challenge.

Director of Public Relations (PR) at the Secretariat, Ambrose Entsiwah Jnr, told The Herald that looking at the growing numbers of the service personnel posted by the Secretariat every year, the first batch of seventy-one thousand graduates posted already this year, has been smooth.

The NSS boss, Alhaji Alhassan Imoro and the Director of PR in separate interviews with The Herald last Thursday said, the scheme did not encounter any major challenge.

Mr. Entsiwah Jnr, however, reiterated that claims that the Secretariat had posted some service personnel to mortuaries and Ebola Control Centre is completely untrue.

According to him, “we have not posted anybody to mortuary or anywhere in the world for that matter. Our postings for national service do not go to that extent”.

He explained that, postings are done based on government priority areas and where services of our young people are most needed, adding “organizations are supposed to make request before we do the postings”.

Mr. Entsiwah Jnr, told The Herald that, ever since the National Service started in 1973, “no organization or hospital has ever requested for anybody to be posted to their mortuary”. “So on what bases are we going to post graduates to mortuary to do their services” Mr Ambrose quizzed?
The eloquent PR director said, “I suspect that somebody just wants to play mischief by forging documents, perhaps to tarnish the image of the Secretariat”.

He wondered what motivated the syndicates to fake the posting documents to create panic and mischief.

According to him, since the NSS had thrown the challenge that anybody who has the evidence of being posted to mortuary or Ebola control centre should produce it, no one has turned up.

Meanwhile, the student, who was rumored to have been posted to serve at the Ebola Control Centre, has turned-up at the Secretariat for interrogation, upon an invitation.

The graduate, a certain Eugene Koranteng, was said to have shown up in a company of two of his friends when he was grilled, but has denied any knowledge of whoever might have doctored his NSS appointment letter.

Mr. Entsiwah Jnr, however, hinted that the NSS would want to remain quiet for security reasons and investigation is underway to get to the bottom of the matter.

He said, “My worry, however, was the fact that some of the media houses did not take time to find out or cross check with the Secretariat before publishing”.

According to him, it is unfortunate that some people (Journalists) are just quick to drag the name of the scheme into dispute.

Share News

submit to reddit