Mysterious Death At Kyebi


A young man believed to be in his early 20s, has mysteriously died at Kyebi, in the East Akyem District of the Eastern Region.

The death of Kwadwo Analum, occurred on Friday, June 10 2016, at Oman, a suburb of Kyebi, few houses away from the residence of the Okyehene, Amoatia Ofori Payin.

The deceased, an illegal gold miner, The Herald was informed, left home Friday morning to work, but failed to return that evening.

Though the family of the deceased is from Fumbisi a village in the Bulsa North District of the Upper East Region, the family, has lived in Kyebi for a very long time and the deceased, is said to have been born there.

According to the deceased sister, Ama, all efforts to know his where about was unsuccessful, until Saturday evening when the family was informed that his corpse, had been found at one of the abandoned galamsey pits. Two young men, according to Ama, claimed saw the deceased, but gave separate accounts.

While, the first young man claimed he saw the deceased lifeless body in an abandoned galamsey pit with water, the other man, said he saw him beside the pit struggling for breadth.

When the family and the police rushed to the scene, Ama, said her brother’s lifeless body, had blood oozing out of it’s nose and ears.

She said at the morgue, it was noticed that her brother, had his neck broken.

She described the pit as very shallow, and wonders how her brother, could drown in the said pit, leading to his untimely death.

According to her, though the hospital was unable to confirm if his brother’s neck deliberately twisted and broke, the family suspects foul play, because even at the hospital, the deceased neck’s had to be supported with “stones”.

“We have left everything to God but what I don’t understand is why the neck was broken. I don’t understand why even at the morgue, they had supported the neck with two stones”, she decried.

The deceased said to be a peaceful man, was survived by one child.

In a telephone interview with the Kyebi Divisional Crime Officer yesterday, DSP Emmanuel Issaka, he confirmed the incident, but said it was still under investigation.

He said, postmortem was expected to be conducted in a short while, but could not confirm if there was indeed, foul play.

The body of the late Kwadwo, has been deposited at the Kyebi Government Hospital, where the autopsy is expected to be conducted.

DSP Issaka said “For now, we are getting ready for the postmortem. We are looking at either today or tomorrow”.

He denied there has been arrest.

“There’s no arrest made and so far, we have not got any information whether he was murdered. For now, we are treating it as adventurous case, while we continue our investigation. I cannot determine it [murder] until after the postmortem examination. For now it speculation, but I cannot say much about that”, he said.

Share this:

Share News

submit to reddit