…and Apologizes To Awuah-Darko
Multimedia, the owners of the Asempa FM, Adom FM, Joy FM and several other media platforms, have disowned the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong by running away from some of his outrageous claims.
The media company, has since retracted the wild claims and offered an apology to Kingsley Kwame Awuah-Darko, the former Chief Executive of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company (BOST).
The NPP MP, had on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, called the former BOST CEO, a thief, claiming he had details of a bank account belonging to Mr. Awuah-Darko with a whopping US$100 million in it, saying it was stolen money.
Mr. Awuah-Darko, consequently dragged Kennedy Agyapong and Multimedia to court to redeem his image.
Kencity Media owned by Kennedy Agyapong is also part of the suit. Kennedy Agyapong, also used his platform to spew the wild claims against ex-BOST boss.
But following what lawyers for Multimedia, Ayine & Felli called “mutual discussions and understanding” has since offered apology and retracted the claims against Mr. Awuah-Darko.
A letter dated October 28, 2017 states “our clients unconditionally retract and apologise to your client for the broadcast of the 29th June, 2017on Ekosii Sen on Asempa Fm”.
The letter said “that our clients have been unable to find proof of the claims made on said program by Hon. Kennedy Agyapong among others thus:”Kwame Awuah-Darko, when we searched his account, we found 100 million dollars … He has run away , now living abroad ..These people are wicked people…”
“That our clients after a thorough process to validate said claims can now only express sincere regrets for allowing said platform to be used to propagate claims that remain without a scintilla of proof four months on ” the lawyers said.
It concluded “That in the circumstances, our clients divorce themselves from said claims, and assure your client that same will never be repeated after due publication of this apology”.
Meanwhile, the media company, has since published that “The station has made strenuous, but unsuccessful efforts to verify from Mr. Kennedy Agyepong’s claims that large sums of questionable amounts of money had been found in the former BOST CEO’s personal account”.
It said, “We deeply regret the use of our platform to make the unverified claims against Mr. Awuah-Darko who was the Chief Executive of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company”, adding “We wish to unreservedly retract the claims and apologise to Mr Awua-Darko for any inconvenience caused”.
“We will continue to uphold the high ethical standards for which we are known to ensure that this does not happen again”, it concluded.