Ken Agyapong & Wife Running From Court Bailiffs

Front-E132.jpg

As Awuah-Darko Goes For Default Judgement Soon

The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central, Ken Agyappong, is on his heels running from the law of the land, after claiming he has evidence that ex-Chief Executive of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company (BOST),had stolen, whopping US$100 million belonging to the state.

For many months now, the man who boasts of fearing nothing, has been on the run from bailiffs, some of who had pursued him even to Parliament to have him come to the law court and prove his allegations against Mr. Awuah-Darko, who served under the erstwhile John Mahama administration, indeed stole US$100 million belonging to the state.

The Herald is informed that, Mr. Agyapong, runs to the chamber of parliament anytime word gets to him that the bailiffs were around to serve him with the writ of summons.

Days when Parliament is not in session, The Herald is informed that, he locks himself inside his office with a stern warning to the security details in Parliament, as well as his assistants, not to allow anyone get close to him, without his permission. He only sneaks out of the office assured that, the bailiffs had left the premises of Parliament.

Mr. Agyapong’s vanishing acts, forced an Accra Fast Track High Court presided over by Justice Kweku T. Ackaah-Boado, to order lawyers of Mr. Awuah-Darko, to publish the writ in a newspaper through a process called substituted service, but again, Mr. Agyappong, is yet to respond to the writ since Tuesday, November 11, 2017, when the Daily Graphic, carried a two-page of the writ.

Strangely, his media organization; Kencity Media located at Madina Zongo Junction, which the bailiffs succeeded in serving, has also refused to file for an appearance and respond to the lawsuit. Kencity Media, is managed by his wife, Stella Agyapong, alias Ms. Stella Wilson.

Ken Agyapong, had used both Oman FM and Asempa FM owned by Kencity Media and Multimedia respectively, to call Mr. Awuah-Darko a thief, claiming he had seen several documents, including bank statements, at higher places, revealing the extent of the BOST boss’ criminality.

Mr.Awuah-Darko, who also served as Chief Executive of the Tema Oil Refinery (TOR), is demanding among other reliefs an amount of  GHc5 million from the NPP MP, who boast of being one of the richest Ghanaians.

According to information, several attempts by bailiffs to serve the NPP financier cum businessman, have proven futile, as he keeps dodging the court officials.

Multimedia, the second defendant, having realized Ken Agyapong’s lies on its platform in letter dated October 28, 2017 stated “our clients unconditionally retract and apologize to your client for the broadcast of the 29th June, 2017on Ekosii Sen on Asempa Fm”.

The letter said “that our clients have been unable to find proof of the claims made on said program by Hon. Kennedy Agyapong among others thus: “KwameAwuah-Darko, when we searched his account, we found 100 million dollars … He has run away , now living abroad ..These people are wicked people…”

“That our clients after a thorough process to validate said claims can now only express sincere regrets for allowing said platform to be used to propagate claims that remain without a scintilla of proof four months on ” the lawyers said.

It concluded, “That in the circumstances, our clients divorce themselves from said claims, and assure your client that same will never be repeated after due publication of this apology”.

The media company, has since published that “The station has made strenuous, but unsuccessful efforts to verify from Mr Kennedy Agyepong’s claims that large sums of questionable amounts of money had been found in the former BOST CEO’s personal account”.

It said, “We deeply regret the use of our platform to make the unverified claims against Mr. Awuah-Darko who was the Chief Executive of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company”, adding “We wish to unreservedly retract the claims and apologise to MrAwuah-Darko for any inconvenience caused”.

“We will continue to uphold the high ethical standards for which we are known to ensure that this does not happen again”, it concluded.

Mr. Awuah-Darko is asking the court for “a declaration that the words uttered and published by the Defendants and contained in paragraphs 10 and 13 herein are defamatory of his character; an order of the Honourable Court directed at the Defendant to publish an unqualified retraction and apology with the same prominence the defamatory words received within 14 days after the judgment”.

The ex-BOST boss also want “an order of the Honourable Court for perpetual injunctionrestraining the Defendants, their agents, assigns, and servants from further publishing any defamatory words against the Plaintiff, the sun of five Million Ghana Cedis in general damages for defamation and any other order or ordersas to this HonouableCourt may seem fit in the circumstances”.

The Herald is informed that, lawyers of Mr. Awuah-Darko, are getting ready to appear before the presiding judge, Justice Kweku T. Ackaah-Boado, to secure a default judgement against the fugitive MP for destroying their client’s hard earned reputation with his reckless utterances.

His TV and radio stations, cars and other properties are to be auctioned, The Herald leant.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this:

Share News

submit to reddit