The 4th annual African Angel Investor Summit – #AAIS2017 – is set to be the next meeting point for Africa’s early-stage investor community. The place to be on November 15-16 will be Workshop 17, right in the middle of Cape Town’s vibrant startup scene. Key debates will be held around the critical role investors play in supporting startup teams to launch, scale and exit.
In previous editions of the summit the importance of seed capital and strong collaboration within the ecosystem were discussed. This time the focus will be on the next steps of the investment cycle with the special theme: ‘Start-Scale-Exit, Funding great startup teams poised for global success’. 250 of the most relevant early-stage investors and key stakeholders will facilitate the exchange of best practices and plot the roadmap for the future of investing on the continent.
At #AAIS2017 (https://VC4A.com/aais2017) there will be numerous key notes, panel discussions, roundtables and interactive workshops given by industry leaders. To set the scene, the most experienced experts will unwrap the current investment climate on the African continent. All the ins and outs of the $40M investment secured by Andela will be released by the main players in the latest Series C round. And participants are invited to join roundtables on Angel Investing and Startup Research to share latest insights. Furthermore, this is your chance to learn from and get inspired by 10 distinguished panels on the following topics:
- State of Play: Current Investment Climate
- Seed stage: First investor in…
- Addressing the gaps in the market to enable innovators across Africa to find the investment
- Unlocking Diaspora & International capital to drive local entrepreneurship.
- Expanding from Africa to the world.
- Accelerating Startups to Scale-ups: How accelerators drive growth
- Scaling for growth
- Catalyzing smart capital for scale-ups
- Investing with exits in mind
- Are Impact Investors even in it for the Exit?