Ghana Armed Forces To Jail Dead Soldier


…Michel Camp Records Two Tragedies

The body of the Ghanaian soldier, who committed suicide after killing his wife, is to be tried even in death.

Boots, uniform and cap of the late Corporal Fred Nasrame will be put in the guard room for 90 days, for killing his wife, also a soldier by name, Sergeant Antoinette Agbagba, ex-military official revealed.

After the 90th day, his military apparel will be taken out and judged by a Military High Command as having committed murder.

The couple’s decomposing bodies were found in their Michel Camp Barracks last Friday.

The Herald source at Michel Camp near Tema said the couple have had issues with trust. Both suspect each other of adultery.

Colleagues of the Corporal Nasrame said he is always complaining about his wife’s conduct to them during duty and other social gathering.

The couple has a child of their own but Corporal Nasrame has another child from an earlier relationship.

They are both from the Volta Region with the man coming from Mafi-Kumase near Adidome.

Meanwhile, Accra-based radio station Joy FM quotes military sources as saying a committee is likely to be formed this week, to try Corporal Fred Nasrame, whose action is said to have dented the image of the military.

“Once you wear the uniform, you are a property of the Armed Forces so once you decide to commit suicide you are still our property…. if you decide to tarnish the property so, we will treat you as such…If he is found guilty then sanctions will apply,” the source explained.

If found guilty, the family of the late Nasrame will lose all entitlements due him, the source said.

Corporal Nasrame of the Armed Forces Pay Office allegedly shot his wife, Sergeant Antoinette Agbagba of the Airforce, in the neck after some misunderstanding.

Both bodies were found in their Michel Camp residence, last Friday – three days after the shooting.

The couple were set to mark their two years anniversary this March. But their marriage has not been rosy. Antoinette left the house after a disagreement to stay with her mother.

According to family sources she returned on Wednesday to collect some belongings – and never went back. Military officers came in for their bodies after two days and deposited them at the 37 Military Hospital morgue for autopsy.

The bodies will not be released anytime soon, the source revealed.

Meanwhile, a 7-year old girl of Corporal Asare-Bediako was last Friday, burnt to death in the same Michel Camp Barracks.

Her parents were out at the time of the fire disaster. An elder sibling with whom she was in the room managed to flee the fire but she could not.

Share this:

Share News

submit to reddit