An opposition presidential candidate in the Democratic Republic of Congo has filed an appeal in the constitutional court against last month’s poll result.
Martin Fayulu insists he won the vote and has demanded a manual recount, but the electoral commission declared rival Felix Tshisekedi the winner.
Troops have deployed near Mr Fayulu’s residence and outside the court.
He accuses Mr Tshisekedi, also an opposition candidate, of making a deal with outgoing President Joseph Kabila.
Mr Fayulu arrived on Saturday at the court.
Announcing the appeal, his lawyer Feli Ekombe said, quoted by AFP: “The petition demands the annulment of the results proclaiming Felix Tshisekedi president of the republic. It was introduced yesterday [Friday] and today we have come to get the receipts for this petition.”
Speaking earlier to BBC Africa editor Fergal Keane, Mr Fayulu said: “I will do whatever is possible for me to do to get the truth because the Congolese want change.”
The electoral commission also said the pro-Kabila coalition had won a majority of parliamentary seats.
Several Western governments and the influential Roman Catholic Church in DR Congo have expressed surprise and concern at the declared results.
Mr Kabila has been in office for 18 years and the result, if confirmed, would create the first orderly transfer of power since independence from Belgium in 1960.