Be Courageous To Work For NDC In Ashanti, TEIN Members Advised

IMG_20160508_152638.jpg

From Samuel Mensah Torbizo, Kumasi

GIMPA Kumasi Campus branch of the intellectual wing of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Tertiary Education Institute Network (TEIN), has been inaugurated with a call on all functionary groups within the party, to touch base on the ground and explain to the grass root supporters, on the need to be steadfast and avoid the lies being propagated by the running mate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Dr. Mahamud Bawumia.

The Chairman of COCOBOD, Mr. Daniel Ohene Agyekum, who gave the advice, urged all the activists of the party to gird up their loins and work hard to attain the targeted one million votes in the November elections from Ashanti region to enable the NDC retain power.

According to the former Ghana’s Ambassador to the United States, if the supporters of the NDC in Ashanti region, stoop low to budge into the intimidating tactics used by the NPP on the election day, it would be extremely difficult for the party to realize its goals.

“ Do not allow the NPP to intimidate you, go all out to explain the party’s policies and achievements to people within the grass root, you have to display courage to work in the region at least if we are able to get 26 percent of the total votes in this region we sure of retaining power,” he tasked them.

He stressed, “We should not be kidding ourselves that the internal wrangling in the NPP is a cause for us to jubilate over its impossibility to bag more votes from its strong hold ,because they have targeted 85% here meaning they are leaving 15 percent for the rest of us to share but I want to encourage to do extra hard work to break their front’’.

Mr. Agyekum, implored all party faithful to guard against engaging members of the NPP in any retaliation, even if they are provoked.

The President of TEIN GIMPA- Kumasi Campus, Emmanuel Darko, in his address, praised President Mahama, for working tirelessly to give the best to the people in terms developmental projects across all comers of the country.

He said, the Ashanti region specifically and unprecedentedly in the first term of his presidency, has benefited from monumental developments in such a short period.

“We are not only going to win as a party in this year’s general elections, we are going to increase our total endorsement votes count from over Six Hundred Thousand votes in the 2012 general elections to over One million in the Ashanti region,” he indicated.

TEIN, he said, would make it happen and TEIN GIMPA, accepted the responsibility as shouldered by their colleagues in all the other tertiary institutions in the country to work collectively to ensure total victory for the party.

“We are never going to rest until the elections are finally over and won massively by our party, NDC”.

Share News

submit to reddit